Thursday 29 March 2012

What a great way to spend "Welsh Week"

(Blog entry written back at the beginning of March - must have fallen asleep before I hit the publish button!!!)

It's been Welsh week this week and it has certainly seen some great weather. I've been lucky enough to have visited some beautiful places - all for business this week but that is why I love my job so much!

In one week I've added a new place to one of my favourite places, paid a visit to the home of Premier League's only Welsh team and ticked off one of my 'places to go' which I wasn't too wowed about. :-(


Wednesday saw me visiting Aberavon Beach Hotel to deliver a Social Media workshop - where I'd been only the week before so was praying for nice weather and looking forward to taking a few snaps over looking Swansea Bay. 

Ona positive note the weather was fab but I wasn't WOWed by the location. Might have been to do with the stressful day I'd had??

There seemed to be lots of parents with children and unfortunately I seemed to be getting strange looks as I had my camera with me - made me feel quite uncomfortable really - is this just Port Talbot or the society we are now living in?  I don't seem to get strange looks when I'm anywhere else???   So with the stress, strange looks and lack of any kind of atmosphere (not sure if a beach can have an atmosphere but there was something that just wasn't right) I wasn't that impressed with Aberavon.  Although the photos came out ok (in my amateur opinion).

Luckily my week got better - Thursday morning saw me visiting the home of the only Welsh team in the Premier League and on a special day too -  St. David's Day.   The launch event of the Rise and Shine Business Breakfasts!  I'm a happy bunny as I'll be there ever fortnight from now on.  :-)  Lots of dafodils being purchased in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Charity and welsh hymns being sung by LaSe, an up and coming Welsh group of sisters.

And finally my working week ended with me spending the majority of Friday at The National Botanic Garden of Wales.  Now, I have to say this wouldn't have been somewhere I would have visited previsouly, but I will certainly be going back!  A beautiful and peaceful place.  Lots to see and almost theraputic!  Not to mention the delicious Beef Stew and Rosemary Dumplings in the restaurant.  

Had a tour around the gardens with Marketing Manager, David who took me through the history and backgrounf of the gardens which certainly made me look at it all in a slightly different light. 

Amazed by the Greenhouse made of recycled plastic gardens, Japenese Gardens and the area behind the greenhouse which was quite spooky... stand on a certain spot, say a sentence and it sounds like your in a capsule.  Stand a little to the left or right and it doesn't work!  Something to do with the way the wall was built behind the bench! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment