Tuesday 29 January 2013

Having my hair pulled & face slapped by a 6ft Spaniard has inspired me to start blogging again!

Firstly, welcome back to those of you who are already subscribed to my blog - it's been a while since I wrote here but as the title suggests I've been inspired.  

Secondly, welcome to all of my visitors.  I'm sure you're expecting something pretty normal from me?  I'll explain. But before I do...apologies to those of you who've seen the title of my blog on one of my social networks and clicked through to discover that my blog is somewhat different to what you may be thinking!!! (Got your attention though didn't it!)


So here is my explanation.... I'm currently sat in a lodge at Bluestone on my 2nd day after probably one of the most relaxing & inspirational experiences I've had as a result of a full body massage from a 6ft Spaniard called 'Ayman' (pronounced the same way as Eamonn Holmes off the telly). And yes, this involved my hair being pulled and a gentle slap to the face.  Nothing kinky of course, all in the name of beauty!  (OK, I'll admit - I've read this back and wanted to just double check that this is of course in the name of beauty:  Face Slapping & Hair Pulling - Phew!!!)



Back to the inspirational bit - during my trip to the Bluestone Well Spa I enjoyed a 90 minute massage and a long rest in their relaxation suite & thermal rooms.  As you can imagine, this gave me a whole load of thinking time allowing me to really focus on some personal and business goals which was the overall purpose of my trip here and I have certainly started to achieve that!  


One of my goals are to re-instate this blog with firstly a day-by- day log of my trip to Bluestone, as only 1 day in and it's pretty awesome.  Was only planning to do the one blog at the end but am thinking it needs a few more entries to do it justice (and to keep you folk interested!).

I'm very priveleged with my business to be able to travel to some amazing places across Wales and I'll use this blog to document it starting from this week! 


For those of you interested in how I'm addressing my personal & business goals - I'm creating what is known as a 'Vision Board' for the third year running to help me focus on what I want from life (an exercise I would highly recommend to EVERYONE regardless if you run your own business).  A brief definition of a vision board is:


"A vision board (also called a Treasure Map or a Visual Explorer or Creativity Collage) is typically a poster board on which you paste or collage images that you’ve torn out from various magazines. It’s simple.... The idea behind this is that when you surround yourself with images of who you want to become, what you want to have, where you want to live, or where you want to vacation, your life changes to match those images and those desires." 

Taken from the website of Christine Kane but I was originally given the idea from Bev Jones of Awaken Life Coaching after attending a Vision Board Workshop

More details to follow about my Vision board, but here is a 6 second snap shot from the new Social Networking site Vine 



4 comments:

  1. What a coincidence; I am reading this blog post in Bluestone (day 2 nonetheless! ). Glad you had a relaxing time at the Well Spa; I went during my previous stay but hope to sneak in before I leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That's amazing! How did you find my blog? Just checked out your profile and you're a 'thirty something' too!! I was tweeting the son of the owners of Bluestone last night... I will have to tell him about this... maybe we could get some freebies!! (Mind you - the way things have gone with this stay I feel like it is one big freebie!!! Bargain!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im just leaving to go to bluestone too i plan to blog is too whats the weather like is it wet ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's dried up now. We have blue skies - it looks fab. Still a bit windy though. How come you're leaving? Didn't you stay for the full 4 nights?

    ReplyDelete