Monday 21 October 2013

Cake, Cake & More Cake - Food Festivals in Wales!

OK, so I've not been on here for a little while and feel a little guilty for neglecting my posts but fret not... I come with some upcoming events!  Now I;m starting to think that I possibly should rename my blog to reflect some sort of cake obsession as this seems to now becoming a trend!

Before I tell you about the recent Neath Food & Drink festival, here are a couple of similar events coming up this weekend for you fellow food & drink lovers...

Swansea Bake Off (Saturday 26th October 2013) - This will be Swansea's first bake off where budding bakers will get the opportunity to submit their cakes, savouries and the like to a competition but the bit that I'll be most interested in will the GREAT CAKE SALE starting from 1.30pm!

Cowbridge Food Festival (Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th October 2013) - I've not been to this event before but I've always heard a lot of positive feedback from previous years.  This year I have been inspired go by a lady named Mel of BakedByMel as she is launching her new product Bara Brith #MelsBaraBrith


So back to my original reason for posting - Neath Food Festival an event that has been running for quite a few years now (since 2009).  As always, I heard about the event via Facebook and luckily as it was a hangover free day (even though I'd won an award the night before) AND the weather was dry I headed to the festival, this time armed with a 7 yr old and a 37 yr old who share my love for all things chocolate, cake and food!  A great combination as scoffing chocolate and cake in the street on your own always seemed a little on the strange side! (We visited on the 2nd day of the event on Saturday 5th October).

Parking in the railway car park (aka Milland Road Car Park) was simple, although pretty full but still a bargain for just £2 for all day!

As soon as we entered the main street in Neath, alongside the traditional market we realised how popular the festival was - it really did attract some huge crowds!  Great news for Neath Town Centre.

What I loved about this event was the range of stalls that were available and OF COURSE my lovely brownie lady Ruth Waters of Coco Bean Wales with her delicious and award winning brownies!  (FYI the stalking is certainly paying off as I earned myself an extra brownie in the box ;-))

Due to my sweet tooth, my purchases were very chocolate/cake themed which involved mini cheescake and profiteroles from La Creme Pattiserie, crepe and marshmallows with chocolate - all polished off (with the help of my trusted 7 yr old assistant) before we even got back to the car!!!

There was a bit of a sausage theme at the food festival with lots of samples available, so it only felt right to purchase a few specialty sausages.  Although I didn't get to try them I was reassured that the pork and chilli were "immensely delicious"!

So all in all, a very good event and a great day out!  Highly recommended and will most certainly be putting it in the diary for next year!

Watch this space for a review on this weekends cake adventures in Wales (possibly a good rename of the blog!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment