Saturday 25 February 2012

No rugby - just Swansea Bay, Twin Town views & a few Dafodils!

What a beautiful day it's been today in Swansea!  Sun has been shining and the temperature pretty mild considering its February.   A great excuse to get out of the house, make the most of the weather and take some practice shots with my new camera.  (No rugby for me!)

After stopping off in Swansea City Centre to visit the Welsh market that is there this weekend, picking up a few locally sourced products, Stu (my partner) and I were about to head down to Rhosilli, however a wrong turning in the way one system saw us heading up Mount Pleasant... and then I had a thought, lets go to the spot on the hill... you know the one... where Twin Town was shot!  Anyone from Swansea will know what I mean!!!!

A part of Swansea I don't frequent that often, not that I'm a snob, it's generally not 'en route' for any of my journeys. BUT BOY was it peacefull and the views were just magnificent today with the sun shining.

Grabbed a few shots and then decided to head down to Blackpill to my most favourite view!  Hoping and praying that a few dafodils were in bloom.

To my delight, there were, just a few... and I have to say, perfectly placed too!

Bit of a shame the tide was out, maybe next time I should find out the tide times to plan it a little better!  Lots to learn with this photography malarky!  Hope you like the photos... I certainly do!

PS. Rhosilli tomorrow! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment