Friday 1 February 2013

Bluestone, boobies & takeaways! Day 2

It's now approaching the end of my stay at Bluestone but still feel the need to update you folk with the rest of my stay which continued to offer lots of little surprises.  Bit of a disclaimer here, for those of you that know me you'll know I get excited about the most basic of things, so for those newbies, if you're expecting fireworks then I suggest you leave now!!! ;-) ( Mind you, I do mention 'Boobies' 6 times hence the reason I've included it in my blog title - although it does sound more like a Carry On film with Barbara Windsor)


The Well Spa
So, after one of the best sleeps at the lodge I was very much looking forward to my trip to the spa for a relaxing day!  Something which, on my previous 2 occasions didn't go so well.  From those experiences, my main advice is to book in advance to avoid disappointment - luckily I booked well in advance for a nice leisurely 90 minute massage! (Whilst I've hopefully still got everyone's attention, I must add that after visiting numerous spas around Wales this really is my favourite as there are plenty of choices at the spa - treatments, areas & menu! - skip to the end for my top tips)



Outside The Well Spa - open till 6pm or 7pm 
Arrival at the spa I was greeted by two lovely ladies who went through the usual protocol (here is the changing rooms, restaurant, Jacuzzi  thermal rooms etc.) The next part of my day also involved another two ladies, slightly older and both in swimsuits (I was in the thermal rooms by now of course!).  We were all in the 'ice room' as we'd all been told that rubbing ice into your skin improves circulation and improves the appearance of cellulite... we all eagerly awaited the arrival of the ice.  (To be honest, she could have told us that rubbing donkey shit on our thighs would've helped, we'd probably believe her!) 

During this time we did the usual 'Are you enjoying your stay?' and 'It's a bargain isn't it!' and 'Are you having any treatments?' - cutting a long very giggly conversation short, one of ladies went into storytelling mode as she told us about her last experience at the spa where she had a male masseur (I've never had a male massage me, well not professionally anyway) and how her full body massage was a FULL body massage!  That's right, boobies an' all apparently.  Now, I'm not sure whether this lovely old lady was making this up to impress her friend and I or whether in fact this was true... I was now beginning to wonder what was in store for me.  Don't get me wrong, I've had quite a few massages in my time, but never, well, all the front!!! 

I would have loved to  captured the look on my face when the 6ft male Spaniard* walked through the door and called my name! On the short journey to the room my mind is racing trying to figure out how I request that this guy doesn't oil up my boobies (at the same time recalling the image I'd unfortunately had in my head of the masseur rubbing the boobies of the older, more well endowed lady!!!! I know, it's awful!!!) Lucky enough it came into the natural meet and greet conversation resulting in no booby rub for me!  ;-) 

The amazing 90 minute massage, which was a complete head to toe (excluding the boobies) was fantastic!!  Never so much have I been totally zoned into a massage like that.  This was followed by a good hour in the relaxation room... where I caught a glimpse of what I think my face may have looked like when Ayman (my 6ft Spaniard*) walked in and called the lady's name opposite me!  Her face was a picture... but being the nice person I am, I reassured her that he was 'excellent' and to enjoy! I wonder what treatment she had in the end?!  I'm still curious to find out whether FULL really does involve oiling up the boobies -  maybe I'll tweet @BluestoneWales


The Olive Tree Restaurant 
Being completely chilled out I also wanted to try out their Olive Tree Restaurant (which was more like a coffee shop - although very nice).  Unfortunately I'd missed the opportunity to have an afternoon tea(as they stop serving food at 4pm) but grabbed just a cuppa instead.  Being the nosey parker that I am - us social networkers generally are - I overheard a conversation taking place which revealed another pleasant little surprise... The Yard (one of the many food outlets at the resort) offer a Takeaway/Delivery service AND it is included in the inclusive package AND we could spend up to £14.95 EACH off the menu AND have our free drinks TOO (so yep, that included profiteroles & ice cream too!).  Well, I couldn't believe it - yes, newbies, I do get excited over the smallest things.  And as you can imagine, my amazingly relaxing day ended with a very delicious takeaway being delivered to the lodge!  'Bloody lovely' as we say here in Wales. 


The Yard Takeaway
So here are a few top tips if staying at Bluestone:

  • Visit The Well Spa and make sure you book a 60-90 minute treatment as you'll be able to access the Thermal Rooms (or it's included on the Inclusive package) - it is well worth it!
  • Try and request Ayman! ;-)
  • Make sure you use the Relaxation room for some proper CHILL time
  • Visit the Olive Tree Restaurant (before 4pm) for quite a varied menu - not the usual 'healthy' ones you'd see at most spas as this one had cakes & champagne - right up my street
  • If you prefer the thermal rooms to be quieter, visit later in the day as the spa is open till 6pm or 7pm during the week! (Depending on which day it is)
  • Once you've visited The Well Spa head back to the lodge, pop the heating on, cwtch up on the sofa and order a takeaway with a few drinkies to end what has probably would have been very relaxing!
(More tips to be featured on my following blogs to complete my stay at Bluestone!>>>>> subscribe to my blog - go on - you know you want to!)

*I was informed later on that evening by one of the senior members of staff that Ayman is in fact Egyptian!  
The Yard Take Away Menu! Part 1
The Yard Take Away Menu - Part 2



4 comments:

  1. Bloody Hilarious!! Will remember the boobies advice (I did just write tip - but thought that a bit rude). Nice one Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil! It was a very funny day and very memorable! :-) Have you booked your massage at Bluestone yet?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat too funny!!! I kept laughing out loud much to the annoyance of people around me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Glad you like it Sara... I really do enjoy blogging on a personal level. I'm looking forward to getting the business one set up which i'm sure you'll love just as much (and hopefully be one of the main contributors!)
      My next mission is to find another interesting visit to somewhere else in Wales to blog about... Any suggestions? Nat x

      Delete